2022 For’Em On The Hill
Community Conversations with the For’Em On The Hill aired live on 97.9 The Hill December 5-9. Catch re-airs Saturday and Sunday mornings on 97.9 The Hill, from 7-9 am through January 1st. (except Sunday December 25th.) Or listen to all forum panels online below.
Sponsored by Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership, Grubb Properties, Industrious, Innovate Carolina, Orange County Arts Commission, Orange County Economic Development, UNC Athletics and UNC Health, this year’s programming promises to continue the tradition of timely and informative conversations centered on the issues that impact our community.
The “For ‘Em (Forum) On The Hill” is a chance to hear constructive discourse from lawmakers, educators, health professionals and local leaders as look to the year ahead. Live from the studios of 97.9 The Hill, the For ‘Em On The Hill covers 10 topics over 10 hours – with conversations ranging from health and wellbeing to tourism, climate and sustainability, education, athletics, and more.
The list of topics, and participants, are as follows:
MONDAY, DEC. 5
Climate and Sustainability, 4-5 p.m.
- Ashley Ward (Senior Policy Associate, Duke University)
- Renée Price (Board Chair, Orange County Board of County Commissioners)
- Mike Piehler (Director, UNC Institute for the Environment)
The Arts, 5-6 p.m.
- Katie Murray (Director, Orange County Arts Commission)
- Alison Friedman (Executive and Artistic Director, UNC Carolina Performing Arts)
- Jenny Shultz-Thomas (Executive Director, The ArtsCenter)
TUESDAY, DEC. 6
Chatham County, 4-5 p.m.
- Randy Voller (Publisher, Chatham County Line)
- Karen Howard (Board Chair, Board of Chatham County Commissioners)
- Vanessa Jenkins (MIRM, Executive Vice President, Preston Development Company)
K-12 Education, 5-6 p.m.
- Tim Gibson (Executive Director of Elementary Schools, Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools)
- Kevin Smith (Chief Public Information Officer, Orange County Schools)
- Amy King (Teacher, Chatham Central High School)
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 7
Higher Education, 4-5 p.m.
- Kevin Guskiewicz (Chancellor, University of North Carolina)
- Mimi Chapman (Chair of the Faculty, University of North Carolina)
- J.B. Buxton (President, Durham Technical Community College)
Employment, 5-6 p.m.
- Ingrid Jones (System Manager, Culture and Engagement at UNC Health)
- Caraina Garris (Center Manager, NCWorks/Skills Development Career Center of Orange County)
- Katie Loovis (Vice President of External Affairs, Chamber for a Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro)
THURSDAY, DEC. 8
Downtown Chapel Hill/ Tourism, 4-5 p.m.
- Matt Gladdek (Executive Director, Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership)
- Laurie Paolicelli (Executive Director, Chapel Hill Orange County Visitors Bureau)
- Sheryl Waddell (Director, Innovate Carolina)
College Athletics, 5-6 p.m.
- Deborah Stroman (Director, Carolina Sport Business Club)
- Graham Boone (Executive Director, Heels4Life)
FRIDAY, DEC. 9
Women’s Health, 4-5 p.m.
- Dr. Wendy Brewster (Director, UNC Center for Women’s Health Research)
- Dr. Erica Pettigrew (Medical Director, Orange County Health Department)
- Dr. Julia Riddle (Psychiatrist, UNC School of Medicine)
Economic Development, 5-6 p.m.
- Ryan Stewart (Managing Director, Trinsic Residential Group)
- David Poland (Area Manager, Industrious)
- Sharon Hill (Advisory Board Chair, Orange County Economic Development)