Just before 7 a.m. Christmas morning, Chapel Hill Fire crews were called to a residential structure fire at Oldham Place. Crews from Carrboro Fire and Orange County EMS were also called to the scene for assistance.

Officials said in a release that the fire was “quickly contained with damage limited to the chimney and the structure immediately surrounding the chimney.”

No injuries were reported in the fire.

Emergency officials have been cautioning resident to take safety steps during the holidays, when the town sees an uptick in fires and thefts.

Photo via Town of Chapel Hill