A cooking fire led to a Chapel Hill resident being displaced on Wednesday.

Chapel Hill Fire crews responded to the reported fire just after 10 o’clock on Wednesday night at 601-5 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.

Officials say the fire started on the range top, according to the investigation, before spreading into the kitchen cabinets. The fire did approximately $17,000 worth of damage.

Residents are reminded to stay in the kitchen when frying, grilling, boiling or broiling food.

There were no injuries reported in the fire.