(Courtesy of UNC Sports Information)
• Carolina is now 26-6 overall this season and 94-44 in ACC Tournament history.
• The Tar Heels are now 43-13 in the quarterfinals and 48-14 as the #1 seed.
• Roy Williams is 19-10 in the ACC Tournament. This is the 10th time in 13 seasons Williams’ teams have reached the semifinals.
• Carolina is playing in the semifinals for the 48th time in 63 ACC Tournaments. The Tar Heels are 33-14 in semifinal games.
• The Tar Heel have won 17 of their last 24 games in the ACC Tournament.
• Carolina held Pitt to 44.4 percent shooting from the floor. That is the 21st consecutive game the Tar Heel defense has held the opponents to under 45 percent from the floor.
• Carolina shot 58.9 percent from the floor, its second-highest field goal percentage of the season. The highest was .593 against the Panthers in Chapel Hill on February 14th.
• This was the second time this season the Tar Heels shot 50 percent in the first half and 60 percent in the second and both games were against Pitt. Today, UNC shot 56.7 percent in the first and 61.5 in the second. On February 14, UNC shot .556 in the opening half and .630 in the second.
• This was the ninth time this season UNC has shot 50 percent or better in both halves.
• This was the 18th time this year UNC shot 50 percent or better from the floor for the game (UNC is 17-1 in those games).
• This is the 20th time UNC has shot 50 percent or better in the second half and the fifth time the Tar Heels have shot 60 percent or higher in the second half.
• UNC shot .889 from the free throw line (16 of 18). That is the 13th time this year UNC shot 80 percent or better from the free throw line.
• The win was the 776th of Roy Williams’ career. He has the 11th-most Division I wins in NCAA history. Lute Olson is 10th with 780.
• Brice Johnson had his 20th double-double of the season with 19 points and a game-high 10 rebounds and tied his career high with five blocks (also against Pitt in 2014).
• Johnson is tied for the fourth-most single-season double-doubles in UNC with 20.
22 by Billy Cunningham, 1963-64
21 by John Henson, 2010-11
21 by Antawn Jamison, 1997-98
20 by BRICE JOHNSON, 2015-16
20 by Mitch Kupchak, 1974-75
20 by Billy Cunningham, 1962-63
20 by Doug Moe, 1960-61
• Johnson has 344 rebounds this year, tied for 11th most in UNC single-season history.
• Johnson had 19 points and passed Jeff Lebo (1567) for career scoring at UNC. Johnson is 25th with 1578.
• Johnson was 8 for 11 from the floor. He leads the ACC in field goal percentage at .610.
• Joel Berry II led UNC with 20 points. It was his second career 20-point game (he had 21 at Virginia on 2/27).
• Berry made 7 of 8 shots from the floor (.875) his best percentage as a Tar Heel (was 6 for 9, .667 against Wofford).
• Berry also tied his career high with four steals.
• Justin Jackson scored all 11 of his points in the second half. It was his ninth consecutive game scoring in double figures and 22nd this year.
• Theo Pinson had a game-high seven assists. It was the ninth time this year (second in a row) he has led UNC in assists. It was the seventh time this year he had five or more assists.
• Marcus Paige hit two three-point field goals and has 275 in his career, a UNC record.
• ACC Sixth Man of the Year Isaiah Hicks scored 10 points, his 16th time this year in double figures.
• Freshman guard Kenny Williams played five minutes, all in the second half, and had three points and an assist. He hit a three-pointer with 8:30 to play to give Carolina a 66-55 lead.
• The three-pointer was the first of the season for Williams (in 13 attempts).
• Williams came into the game with UNC leading by four (59-55) and checked out with UNC ahead, 69-56.