More than 15,000 residents and visitors filled West Franklin Street in downtown Chapel Hill on Sunday for the 44th Festifall Arts Festival.

The town announced the attendance figure in a release on Wednesday.

The event hosted more than 100 area artists and had live performances from local musicians and dance groups.

The town says the average group size for out of town visitors at Festifall was 2.8 people per group. Officials surveyed 256 attendees and found that 61 percent of those at the arts festival were local with the other 39 percent coming in from out of town. The estimates also showed that the visitors spent more than $220,000 at the event.

You can take a survey to let town officials know how the festival can be improved in the coming years.