Hillsborough police are asking for information regarding a shooting that left two men injured.
Police say officers responded to the 200 block of Harper Street in Fairview around 9:15 Wednesday night.
A 38-year-old man was transported to a hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries, according to law enforcement.
Police say a second person – a 33-year-old male – was brought to a hospital by an unknown person and is in stable condition.
Authorities say the shooting occurred outside the house and a dark-colored sedan was seen leaving the area. Those in the sedan may be involved in the shooting, police say.
Police say preliminary information shows the shooting is connected to shots being fired into two homes in the same area of Harper Street earlier this month.
Anyone with information is asked to contact investigator Jon Purvis or sergeant Chip White in the Hillsborough Police Department Investigations Division at (919) 732-9381. Crime tips can also be left anonymously through the town’s website.http://chapelboro.com/featured/2-men-hospitalized-after-hillsborough-shooting
Hillsborough Police are asking for public assistance locating a man suspected in stealing nearly $200 worth of merchandise from a convenience store.
A message from law enforcement says the suspect stole $170 worth of goods from the Kangaroo in Hillsborough, on South Churton Street.
If anyone has any information regarding the identification of the suspect, you are asked to contact Hillsborough Police at (919) 732-9381.http://chapelboro.com/news/crime/hillsborough-police-looking-suspect-convenience-store-robbery
Four suspects were taken into custody after authorities responded to a report of shots bring fired in the Fairview community on Monday.
Police said in a release that members of the Hillsborough Police Department and Orange County Sheriff’s Office responded to the call around 10:40 Monday night after arguments had allegedly been escalating throughout the evening.
Officers arrived on the scene near Tulip Tree Drive and Locust Road and found a house that had been struck by a bullet. Officials say officers then heard additional gunshots near Dixie Avenue and Wilardo Court. Authorities then found a large crowd and numerous fights that had broken out, according to a release.
Police say several weapons were seized.
No injuries were reported and no motive for the argument was given.
The four suspects taken into custody were 19-year-old Alexander “AJ” Lipford, 20-year-old Terrell Jamal Howell, 43-year-old Ronnie Renee Fuller and 44-year-old Nathan Neal Johnson Sr. Lipford was charged with resisting an officer; Howell is facing one count of resisting an officer and one count of communicating threats; Fuller was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and Johnson was charged with discharging a firearm within the town limits.
Police are asking for additional information from anyone with knowledge of the situation. You can contact Sergeant Chip White at (919) 732-9381, extension 34.http://chapelboro.com/featured/4-arrested-after-hillsborough-shooting
***UPDATE: Chapel Hill Police say Castillejos has been found and is safe.***
Chapel Hill Police are looking for a missing teenage girl.
Police say 14-year-old Jennifer Segura Castillejos was last seen on Sunday in the area of Barclay Road. She was wearing a navy blue sweater, black leggings and white shoes, according to a release.
Authorities say they believe Castillejos may be in downtown Chapel Hill.
If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of Castillejos, you are asked to call 911. You can also contact Chapel Hill Police at (919) 968-2870 or Orange County Communications at (919) 732-5063.http://chapelboro.com/featured/chapel-hill-police-searching-for-missing-teen
Chapel Hill Police have located a missing teenager.
A release says 16-year-old Ashley Giselle Chavez has been located and is safe.
Police asked for assistance from the public on Wednesday, after Chavez had been missing since May 8.
Chapel Hill Police thanked the community and law enforcement partners for assistance during the investigation in a release.http://chapelboro.com/featured/chapel-hill-police-locate-missing-teen
Chapel Hill Police are seeking help locating a missing teenager.
Authorities are looking for 16-year-old Ashley Giselle Chavez. She was last seen on May 8 in the area of Elderberry Drive, according to police. Officials say Chavez may be in the Dobbins Hills area of Chapel Hill.
No further information is available at this time.
If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Chavez, you are asked to call 911 or contact Chapel Hill Police by dialing (919) 732-5063.http://chapelboro.com/featured/chapel-hill-police-searching-missing-teen-2
Bond was reduced on Monday for one suspect accused in a shooting in Chapel Hill last month.
Rahmil Dimitris Ingram was taken into custody last Monday in connection with an April 25 shooting into a home on Forsyth Drive.
A second suspect, Keiland Harris, was booked into the Orange County Jail on Thursday, according to records.
Harris and Ingram have been charged with attempted first-degree murder in the shooting. Ingram was initially held under a $750,000 bond, before his bond was reduced to $400,000. Harris’ bond, meanwhile, was set at $250,000.
Assistant District Attorney Lamar Proctor said in court Monday that authorities believe Harris to be the suspect that actually shot into the home.
“Mr. Ingram is not alleged to be the shooter but alleged to be with Mr. Harris at the time of the shooting,” Proctor told District Judge Joseph Buckner.
Ingram’s defense attorney, Mani Dexter with the public defender’s office, said that since the reports pointed to Harris being the main culprit in the incident, Ingram’s bond should be reduced.
“There were several witnesses who said that Mr. Harris, who is alleged to be the shooter, and Mr. Riggsbee had a beef with each other and they had problems with each other,” Dexter said. “But I don’t think anyone is saying that Mr. Ingram had any problems with either one of them.”
Buckner then lowered Ingram’s bond to match the $250,000 bond for Harris.
The victim in this shooting, Tyrone Riggsbee, is paralyzed from the mid-chest down following the shooting where he was struck in the spine, according to Proctor.
Both suspects are set to appear in court at a later date on the charges.http://chapelboro.com/featured/bond-reduced-for-one-suspect-in-chapel-hill-shooting-that-left-victim-paralyzed
A Chapel Hill man is being held in the Orange County Jail on a felony charge of first-degree forcible rape.
An arrest report shows 33-year-old Jesus Javier Hernandez, whose address is listed as 108 Ephesus Church Road, was extradited from the Cherokee County Jail in Gaffney, South Carolina, on Tuesday to face the allegations in Orange County.
No details surrounding the case in Chapel Hill or his arrest in South Carolina were immediately available.
Hernandez is currently being held under a $2 million secured bond.
He is scheduled to make his first appearance in Orange County Court on Wednesday afternoon.http://chapelboro.com/news/crime/chapel-hill-man-jailed-on-rape-charge
A man suspected of shooting into a home on Forsyth Drive last Monday made his first appearance in Orange County Court on Tuesday afternoon.
Ingram has been charged with felony counts of attempted first-degree murder, possession of a firearm by a felon and conspiracy to commit a felony, according to an arrest report.
Assistant District Attorney Jeff Nieman said in court on Tuesday that Ingram and an additional suspect, Keiland Harris, had went to the residence looking for Tyrone Riggsbee leading up to the shooting and that a witness reported seeing a 380 caliber Ruger pistol in the cup holder of the vehicle being driven by Ingram. Nieman added that a search warrant was executed at Ingram’s home following the shooting and a weapon matching the description from the witness was found, although a ballistics report to match the weapon to the shooting on Forsyth Drive had not been done as of Tuesday afternoon.
Nieman added that Riggsbee was struck in the neck by a bullet during the shooting. The original release from Chapel Hill Police said that the victim had been transported to the UNC Hospitals Emergency Department for treatment.
No update has been given on his condition.
Ingram’s bond was reduced from $750,000 to $400,000 during his first appearance and he is scheduled to be back in court on May 9.
Harris, the other suspect mentioned, was not in custody as of the hearing Tuesday afternoon.http://chapelboro.com/featured/suspect-chapel-hill-shooting-appears-court
A suspect has been taken into custody after a shooting in Chapel Hill last Monday.
A Durham man was arrested in Efland on Monday in connection with a shooting on Forsyth Drive on April 25, according to police records.
Rahmil Dimitris Ingram has been charged with felony counts of attempted first-degree murder, weapon possession by a felon and conspiracy to commit a felony, an arrest report shows.
The 23-year-old has been charged after Chapel Hill Police responded to a shooting where “multiple gunshots” were fired into an occupied residence just after three o’clock in the morning last Monday.
The initial release said a victim was struck by a bullet and transported to the UNC Hospitals Emergency Department for treatment. The investigation report says the victim was struck in the neck.
No update has been give on the victim’s condition.
Ingram is scheduled to make his first appearance in Orange County Court on Tuesday afternoon. He is currently being held on a $750,000 bond.http://chapelboro.com/news/crime/arrest-made-chapel-hill-shooting