/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
Do we do good business in Chapelboro?
What would make it better?
What would make it fabulous?
If you run a business in Chapelboro:
- What bugs you about doing business in Chapelboro?
- What would help you do better business?
- Think ahead to 2020. If all your dreams came true, what would your business be like? What would the business community be like?
If you work in Chapelboro:
- What do you like about working in Chapelboro?
- What would make it better?
- Think ahead to 2020 – if all your dreams came true, what would your work life be like?
As a Chapelboro consumer:
- What do you love about shopping in Chapelboro?
- What gets in your way?
- What do you wish for?
Compared to other places you have lived or done business in, what is missing?
If you were the CEO of the Chapelboro business community, what would you do to make Chapelboro a better place to live, work and play?
Your answers to such questions could provide material for us to discuss in future “Good Business” articles and a forum for collective improvement.
Such input could also make a significant difference in the plan for Chapel Hill’s future. The development of that plan is underway right now. You may have heard about Vision 2020 – a process that started in September. The next meeting will be Saturday morning, Nov. 19, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the cafeteria at Chapel Hill High School.
The agenda includes reports on ideas shared by citizens so far. Topics include:
- Downtown district
- Economic development
- Environmental sustainability
- Fiscal responsibility
- Town & gown
- Services delivery
- Cultural vibrancy
Come on Saturday to hear reports from those who have been working on these important topics.
Listen with an ear for business. Listen with an ear for life.
Listen to what is being said. And not said.
And then speak up. Join in. Get involved. It’s a wonderful opportunity to make a difference – for your business and for the entire community.
If you cannot attend on Saturday, there are still plenty of ways to contribute to the plan:
- write comments below or send comments to Jan@chapelboro.com and I will pass them to the appropriate groups that are working to craft Chapel Hill’s vision for 2020.
- visit www.chapelhill2020.org or www.2020buzz.org and share your ideas there
- schedule a 2020 Vision speaker to attend your club or group’s next neighborhood meeting or luncheon by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-969-5068.
And just in case you feel like it won’t matter p that your voice is too small to make a difference – take a look at this favorite quote.
Whatever your role in the business community – consumer, worker, business owner – please share your thoughts about doing business in Chapelboro.
What would make it good?
What would make it better?
Now. In 2020. And beyond.