1) No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply. The SPOT THE BUS GIVEAWAY Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Chapel Hill Media Group; 97.9 The Hill WCHL; Chapelboro,com; and Chapel Hill Transit (collectively, “Sponsors”).
2) Contest is offered only to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Contest is offered only to North Carolina residents. Employees, volunteers, agents, and on-air personalities of 97.9 The Hill WCHL, Chapelboro.com, and Sponsors listed above, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and the immediate families or members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible.* No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. Sponsors will not award a prize to any one not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Contest rules are not followed.
*Immediate family defined as spouse, parents and grandparents, children and grandchildren, brothers and sisters, mother in law and father in law, brother in law and sister in law, daughter in law and son in law, as well as adopted, half, and step members.
3) How To Enter. The Contest entry period begins Monday, April 15th, 2019 at 12:01AM and ends Thursday, May 16th, 2019 at 11:59PM (“Contest Period”). To enter for a chance to win entrants must take a picture of a Chapel Hill Transit bus with the Chapelboro.com or 97.9 The Hill WCHL ad on the side and post the photo to Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter with the location and/or cross street and using the hashtag #chapelborobus or #979bus. Eligible participants can enter to win a maximum of one time per day during the Contest Period. Entries not received by the entry deadline, May 16th, 2019 at 11:59PM are ineligible. Sponsors will not verify receipt of entries. Entries become property of Sponsors. Incomplete and duplicate entries are void. All information provided in an entry must be complete and accurate. Sponsors are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries are void. Entries generated by any automated means are void. Electronic entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder at the time of the entry. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address. By entering, participants agree to comply with all applicable law and these Contest Rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors. By entering, participants agree to allow 97.9 The Hill WCHL, Chapelboro.com, and/or Sponsors the right without further consideration to use Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, municipality of residence, recorded voice, biographical material for an unlimited period of time and in any medium which 97.9 The Hill WCHL or Chapelboro.com may deem appropriate (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture data storage) in order to advertise, promote or publicize 97.9 The Hill WCHL, Chapelboro.com, and/or the products and services of any of the Sponsors.
4) How to Win and Odds of Winning. Participants can submit up to one unique photo per day during the contest period to increase the odds of winning. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries. Each eligible entry will be collected and tallied. One winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries and announced on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on Friday, May 17th, 2018.
5) Prizes. One (1) winner will be offered the following prize: $979.00.
To claim prize, Winner must (1) provide valid driver’s licenses, military identifications, or state identification cards, and (2) execute a declaration of eligibility and liability and publicity release. Documents must be submitted by email to email@example.com or in person at 97.9 The Hill’s studios in University Place, 201 South Estes Drive, Suite C6A, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, no later than May 24th, 2019 at 3pm ET. Winner may be required to provide his/her Social Security Number for tax purposes.
6) Terms and Conditions; Limitation of Liability. Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Contest Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Contest Rules. Any security breach or other attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Contest. Winner(s) and entrants agree, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Contest Entities, their employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the prizes, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury or losses (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Contest-related or prize-related activity. By entering the Contest or by winning, participants grant to the Contest Entities the right to publicize in any media worldwide and in perpetuity the participant’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements, and biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotion purposes without compensation and without opportunity for review, except where prohibited by law. A parent or legal guardian of winner(s) under the age of 18 will also be required to execute a declaration of eligibility and liability and publicity release on behalf of the minor child. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event the selected winner(s) of the prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the prize or in the event the prize is forfeited for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may randomly select an alternate winner from remaining entries. The laws of the State of North Carolina shall govern this Contest, without regard to North Carolina’s choice of law rules. The courts of North Carolina and Orange County shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Contest. All participants and winner(s) agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of North Carolina. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes, except as explicitly described above, are responsibility of winner.
7) Disclaimer and Force Majeure. Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, their employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest are not responsible for: (1) problems associated with television transmission, radio transmission, cable transmission, satellite transmission, phone lines, facsimile, or cable lines and/or phone or IP numbers that are beyond their control—this includes, but is not limited to: a busy signal, operator interference, cellular interference, Internet congestion, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt a phone call, facsimile transmission, email transmission, or any other transmission, cable modem service, or other Internet interruptions or malfunctions or for technical or other difficulties that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the transmission of television or radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during the Contest or that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the acquisition, completion, or submission of an entry; failures of or other problems relating to telephone, cellphone or other device or computer hardware, software, the Internet, or similar systems, including but not limited to difficulties relating to contestants’ ISP, DSL, telephone, or cable modem access, “worms,” or viruses; (2) typographical errors in any materials relating to the Contest; (3) lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or delayed entries; (4) cancellations, postponements, or delays; (5) Acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible, or impractical to continue the Contest or to perform under these Rules. In the event of any of the foregoing, Sponsors reserve the right to suspend, terminate, modify, or continue the Contest, in their sole discretion. Contest Entities make no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any prize, and Contest Entities specifically DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
8) Official Rules and List of Winners. To receive a copy of these official Contest Rules, visit Chapelboro.com or send an SASE to or visit the WCHL studios University Place, 201 South Estes Drive, Suite C6A, Chapel Hill, NC 27514. Official rules supersede all other published editions. *Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Contest rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law.* For winner’s name, send an SASE by June 17th, 2019, to WCHL, Spot the Bus Giveaway, at the address listed above.