The 97.9 The Hill 2018 Healthiest You Challenge, presented by UNC Health Care!
For 8 weeks 64 contestants will work in teams to become the healthiest people they can be, all while enjoying the amenities of the beautiful UNC Wellness Centers at Meadowmont and Northwest Cary!
The 2018 Healthiest You Challenge officially came to a close on Monday, May 7th with a live show at the UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont:
Congratulations to the following winners of the 2018 Healthiest You Challenge!
Winners of a One-Year Membership to the UNC Wellness Centers at Meadowmont and Northwest Cary.
Winners of a Six-Month Membership to the UNC Wellness Centers at Meadowmont and Northwest Cary.
On Wednesday, May 2nd, Jamy McGee, Health Education Director for the UNC Wellness Center at Northwest Cary, came in to talk with Aaron Keck about the 2018 Challenge as a whole, and to get everyone pumped up about the upcoming Finale Show on Monday, May 7th from 6:30-7pm!
On April 25th, Aaron Keck gave Kalia Her a call to chat about being in the last week of our challenge as a coach of the Town of Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation Team:
And, since we never got a chance to interview and feature the A Better Image Printing Team throughout the challenge, here they are!
Gin Ayers-Barwick came in on April 18th to talk with Aaron about her experience with the challenge on the Wright Brothers Landscaping and Tree Service Team:
On April 11th, Susan Chesser, coach of the UNC Health Care Team, and long-time UNC Wellness Center employee, came in to chat with Aaron:
Sammy Rape, better know as “Coach R” and a challenger from the Living Kitchen Team, came by on April 4th to check in with Aaron on being more than half-way through the challenge:
On March 28th, Liz Watt checked-in with Aaron on how the challenge is going for the Zoës Kitchen Team so far:
Nia Jackson from the Durham Orange County Medical Society Team came by on March 21st to chat with Aaron Keck about Week Three of the challenge:
Also this week, on the evening of Tuesday, March 20th, dedicated challengers showed up in 45-degree weather to Southern Community Park in Chapel Hill for a special Outdoor Group Workout activity. Check out our pics here!
Marianne Schneeberger stopped by on March 14th to talk with Aaron Keck about how things are going for the Town of Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation Team:
Matt Bonds came in on March 7th to chat with Aaron Keck about how Week One of the challenge is going for the UNC Wellness Centers team:
LIVE KICK-OFF SHOW
We were so excited to get all our challengers and coaches together in teams for the first time at the live Kick-Off Show at the UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont on February 26th! Thanks so much to Zoës Kitchen and the ZimZoom photo booth for helping to make the event extra special.
And, just in case you missed it, here’s the portion of the evening that was live on the air!
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
During the challenge participants:
- Get an 8-week membership to use the UNC Wellness Centers facilities (March 5 through April 29, 2018).
- Are assigned to a team of 8 challengers led by coaches.
- Get the opportunity to learn more about good exercise and eating habits, planning meals, reading labels, intuitive eating, and why sleep is so important to our health.
- Accumulate points individually and as a team for meeting goals throughout the 8 weeks. Overall health goals include reducing weight and circumference, as well as decreasing cholesterol, and systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
The male and female challengers that get the most points will each win a free one-year membership to the UNC Wellness Centers!
Oh, and did we mention that challengers have fun and make friends too?!
In order to be eligible to win the challenge, attendance at the following is required:
- Information Session: Wednesday, February 21st from 6:00-7:30 pm
- Kick-Off Show: Monday, February 26th from 6:00-7:30 pm
- Pre-Assessment Test: (Must attend ONE) Thursday, March 1st from 6:30-8:30 am OR Saturday, March 3rd from 7:30-11:00 am
- Post-Assessment Test: (Must attend ONE) Thursday, May 3rd from 6:30-8:30 am OR Saturday, May 5th from 7:30-11:00 am
- Finale Show: Monday, May 7th from 6:00-7:30 pm
The challenge weeks will begin on March 5 and end on April 29, 2018.
Special thanks to our team sponsors!