Foster’s Market of Chapel Hill hosts its second annual Porkapalooza Farm Dinner on Thursday, June 13th, celebrating “everything they love about the pig” according to co-owner Susan White. The Tapas-style dinner features products from two local farms, Snow Camp’s Cane Creek Farm and Bluebird Meadows located in Hurdle Mills.
The small plate service offers diners more opportunities to taste a variety of dishes, bearing witness to the versatility of pork through menu items ranging from comforting glazed ribs to delicately thin slices of cured prosciutto. Because beer pairs so well with pork, an optional pairing of craft brews from Fayetteville-based Huske Hardware complements the dinner’s menu.
The multi-course meal includes ten small plates and three dessert dishes:
- Pigs in a blanket: House-made little smokies, wrapped in a biscuit and served with fancy sauce
- Pork Rillette: Slow cooked pork and pork fat blended and served room temperature with crackers
- Scotch Egg Deviled Eggs: House-made chorizo with a deviled egg
- Wood-fired flat bread with Cane Creek prosciutto, arugula and chevre
- Chef Lucas’ Choucroute Platter: House-made sausages, stuffed trotters and grainy Brew Master mustard
- Wilted Greens Salad
- 5 Spice Braised Pork Belly with Asian slaw
- 7 Pepper Jelly Glazed Twice Fried Ribs
- Roasted Pork Loin with Crispy Pork Cracklins
- Mojo pork tamales with mole sauce and refried beans
Desserts get the pig treatment too with a Dulce de Leche Glazed Bacon Doughnut, Chocolate Bacon Fry Cake and Sweet Potato Country Ham Whoopie Pie.
Porkapalooza Farm Dinner service begins with appetizers at 6:30 pm on June 13, 2013. The $35 per person price includes all small plates. The optional beer pairing is available for an additional $12. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 919.967.3663 no later than Tuesday, June 11th.
Foster’s Market – http://www.fostersmarket.com/menus/special-menu/
Cane Creek Farm – http://www.canecreekfarm.us/
Bluebird Meadows – http://www.bluebirdmeadowsnc.com/index.htm
Huske Hardware – http://www.huskehardware.com/craft_beer.aspx
image by jcolman via flickr