WCHL and Chapelboro.com, equal opportunity employers, are dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station. We seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact our Hiring Manager, or via phone at 919.933.4165.
We have the following positions open (please see below for full descriptions and application instructions):
Advertising & Marketing Consultant for WCHL AM/FM and Chapelboro.com
If you are energetic, creative, curious and love helping people solve problems and make their goals, this may be the perfect job for you.
We don’t sell spots and space. We put together multi-platform packages designed to help business owners achieve their business objectives. And then we work to exceed the business owners expectations in terms of results and service.
Experience in media sales is preferred but not required; a passion for the community helps.
Salary, benefits, growth opportunities, are yours in one of North Carolina’s most exciting places to live and most prosperous in its growth. Best educated town in the state needs a salesperson who can speak the language of the town.
You will be perfect for the job if:
1. You have a media inclination displayed in your excitement to be part of WCHL’s news, talk and Tar Heels station, and our digital town square, chapelboro.com.
2. You have a powerful goal orientation that focuses on results.
3. You have a “management ethic,” that can be best understood as having the capacity to sell your ideas to the team, but if your idea is not the chosen one, to support it as vigorously as if you had invented it.
4. You want to grow your personal income, to develop personal wealth, and ownership.
5. You have the discipline to manage your own money well, because it indicates that you have the latent mindset to manage the company’s money when you are put into a management role.
Do you see yourself as a great fit to join us?
Send us your resume PLUS a cover letter telling us why you believe you are a good fit.
Send both to Jobs@WCHL.com.
WCHL, an equal opportunity employer, is dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station. We seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact WCHL by calling 919.933.4165.