WCHL and Chapelboro.com, equal opportunity employers, are dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station. We seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact our Hiring Manager, or via phone at 919.933.4165.
We have the following positions open (please see below for full descriptions and application instructions):
Sales and Marketing Executive
97.9FM WCHL is the leading media company serving Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Orange County. We are in the business of enabling local commerce by building mutually profitable partnerships with local businesses.
We are hiring a Sales and Marketing Executive who will lead us into the future as we build solutions for our advertising partners.
When you join our team, you will:
– Use your top notch sales skills to represent a unique product that has an unparalleled relationship with its partners and consumers;
– Help our local businesses grow while achieving your own financial and professional aspirations;
– Build long-term relationships with business partners;
– Work for a media company with vision and unlimited upside growth;
– Be a valued team member with others who share your enthusiasm, personality and creativity.
Our ideal candidate will have:
– A passion for the Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro community and knowledge of local business operators;
– Experience in media sales (not a must but a plus!)
– Self-motivation and a love of being in the field selling;
– A results-oriented professional drive;
– A commitment to team selling and a passion for achieving goals;
– Creativity to customer business solutions for clients, including the ability to write and build marketing platforms of all types;
– Outstanding communication skills;
– And of course, basic computer skills in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
If you see yourself as a great fit for us… tell us why by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or WCHL, 88 VilCom Circle, Suite 130, Chapel Hill, NC 27514.
No calls please.
WCHL is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies. We seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact Lauren Stafford at email@example.com or 919-933-4165.
Digital Media Senior Sales Account Executive
1. What is the fastest growing website in the Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro community?
2. What media platform is about to overtake television as the #1 advertising medium?
3. What local company is the #1 option for local businesses looking to advertise to local, affluent and educated consumers?
4. What exciting local job opportunity is about to become available?
1. Chapelboro.com: 300% growth in just 18 months!
2. The web: eyeballs are going to digital and the money is following!
3. Ours: home of Chapelboro.com, 97.9FM WCHL and Our Local Deal, the most respected local media brands!
4. Digital Media Sales Manager: our leader and chief revenue officer!
Chapelboro, a “digital town square”, is the leading community website serving Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Orange County – a forward thinking, fast-paced, FUN work environment with unlimited growth potential.
Yes, we’re looking for an exceptional sales person with demonstrated passion for selling.
Plus someone with vision! The digital content world is ever-evolving and we’re looking for someone who can not only keep up with how people are consuming content but apply foresight to what may be coming next.
The Digital Media Senior Sales Account Executive is responsible for generating new business revenue and managing exiting partnerships with local and regional companies through advertising sales on Chapelboro.com and other digital products.
Our ideal candidate will also be a dynamic person who lights up a room… someone our partners look forward to seeing. You should be a strategic thinker and a motivational team member. You should also be flexible in approach as we develop and adjust strategy in a constantly evolving field and marketplace.
To be successful in this role, you should be highly organized, detailed oriented, hands-on, able to multi-task, ego-less, someone who earns respect through actions, maintain a positive can-do attitude, and be a team player who is not above handling minutia while operating on high level projects.
This is an opportunity to combine a love of sales with exciting cutting edge products that are the future of media sales.
The ideal candidate will possess:
– passion and knowledge for the Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro community and its local businesses
– a self-motivation and love of selling with local sales experience
– a strong work ethic, be a team-player and committed to a results-oriented atmosphere
– creativity, including the ability to build marketing platforms and offer solutions for our clients and prospects
– outstanding communication skills
– basic computer knowledge in Word, Excel and Power Point
– local print or web sales experience a plus
Commission/draw plus full benefits, laptop, auto and phone allowance provided.
If you see yourself as a great fit for us… tell us why by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Hiring Manager, Chapelboro.com/WCHL, 88 VilCom Circle, Suite 130, Chapel Hill, NC 27514.
No calls please.
WCHL/Chapelboro.com, an equal opportunity employer, is dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at our business. We seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact Lauren Stafford at WCHL/Chapelboro by calling 919-240-6043.
Multimedia News Internship
How does your resume look? Got any good, long-term internships listed? We can’t speak for other employers when we say it, but that’s what WCHL will be looking for when it hires a new staff member.
These days, you can’t just coast through college if you want to get a job in your career field right out of school. You’ve got to put in the time and effort to show future employers that you want to work and that you know how to work.
At WCHL, we cover Chapel Hill-Carrboro and all that happens in news and sports in our local community. A multimedia internship with us will teach you the ins and outs of radio broadcasting, including news gathering, conducting interviews, audio editing, story writing (for the air and for the web), as well as social media practices, photography, and much more.
News is more than just radio and TV these days. Everyone has a website, Twitter, and Facebook. Our website, Chapelboro.com, is the online portal to everything we do at the radio station. If you hear it on WCHL, you can see it on Chapelboro.com.
We’re looking for interns who want to give their time and energy to us and see that effort pay off. Working with us, you’ll gain the real-world experience that you’d have to travel out of the state to get otherwise.
When you leave us, you’ll have a portfolio of works completed that you can share with potential employers including writing and audio samples.
No on-air experience is necessary, but strong writing skills are a plus, and a desire to write and tell stories is a must.
To apply for an internship, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
WCHL’s “Our Local Deal” Daily Deals Program
Sales Executive (Independent Contractor)
Our Local Deal is like Groupon and Living Social but is produced daily for the Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro community.
Our mission is to connect local consumers with the best businesses in the community, and provide a great local deal to drive sampling, re-activate customer bases and reward loyal customers.
Are you interested in a part-time sales position which guarantees you flexibility and the freedom to make your own schedule?
Are you a sales professional who believes in building long-term relationships with business partners?
Are you an energetic, self-motivated team player who would like to be a part of a fun and fast-paced working environment?
Do you want to manage your own time and your own income?
Do you want to help our local businesses grow while achieving your own financial and personal aspirations?
Do you participate in buying daily deal offers yourself?
If so, then let’s talk!
Our Local Deal (www.OurLocalDeal.com) is produced in partnership with the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce.
WCHL is the leading media company serving Chapel Hill, Carrboro, and Orange County. We are in the business of enabling local commerce by building mutually profitable partnerships with local businesses.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for the Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro community and knowledge of local business operators;
- Knowledge of daily deal programs through industry experience or personally using these services;
- Positive energy, creativity, and be a motivated team player who will hit the ground running.
- Sales and/or marketing experience;
- A results-oriented professional drive;
- A strong work ethic and a passion for achieving goals;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Basic computer skills
This is a commission based position and will be hired as an Independent Contractor.
If you see yourself as a great fit for us tell us why by sending your cover letter and resume to our Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to WCHL, 88 Vilcom Center Drive, Suite 130, Chapel Hill, NC, 27514. No calls please.
WCHL, an equal opportunity employer, is dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station. We seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Organizations the wish to receive our vacancy information should contact WCHL by calling 919.933.4165.