High School Football Roundup – Week 8
The Red Wolves are young, inexperienced and playing a brutal schedule which included a home test vs. a strong Northwood squad Friday night.
It didn’t go too well, judging by the 79-28 pasting the Pittsboro squad handed Cedar Ridge just a week after the Chargers were thumped by Orange at home.
This one got ugly quickly, as Ti Pinnix notched a pair of touchdown passes and Montel Goods added a pair of scoring runs, including a 32 yard romp.
Julius Walton had a seven yard touchdown run and Peyton Pappas chipped in with a 52 yard scoring strike to Marquez Hunter for the Red Wolves, but they still trailed 48-21 at the break.
Northwood tapped into its reserves in the second half, but Kenton Edwards’ late touchdown run for the Chargers capped a long night for the Red Wolves.
Goods had the goods indeed, piling up 206 rushing yards and three scores for the victors, who improved to 5-1, 1-1 Big Eight 3-A.
Pinnix passed for 335 yards and three scores, while Jalen Smith hauled in 10 catches for 125 yards and two touchdowns.
In other action, Orange put the squeeze on another foe, rocking Northern Vance 56-0 to improve to 6-0 overall on the season.
Garrett Cloer had touchdown passes to Ky Muller and Patrick Pettiford as the Panthers built an early lead. Pettiford added a rushing score and JD Brooks tacked on a 60 yard punt return for a touchdown as Orange pulled away in the convincing win.
Chapel Hill was no match for Southern Durham in a 59-20 rout. The Tigers had a chance to level their record at 3-3, but instead fell to 2-4 in the loss to the offensive powerhouse.
Bradley Berridge had a pair of touchdown runs for Randleman, which improved to 5-1 overall with a 41-26 win over Carrboro. The Jaguars are in a free-fall, dropping three straight contests.Did you see something wrong in this story, or something missing? Let us know
Leave a Comment
- Featured “Mary Willingham’s Credibility Is Collapsing”
- Election OC Sheriff Candidates Stake Their Claims As Primary Nears
- Featured CHTC Postpones Vote on Ephesus-Fordham Plan
- News Around Town CH Public Library Hosts Anti-Cyber-Bullying Class for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- State Environmental Group Wants To Bring Back Jordan Lake Protection Rules
- Pre-K - 12 Education CHCCS Board Looks at New, Less Painful Ideas for Budget Cuts
- Local Government OC Commissioners Nearing Decision On Naming Next County Manager
- UNC Too Many Special Admits At UNC?
- Local Government BoCC Bunts On Rural Recycling Pick-Up Plan
- UNC Conservative Pressure on UNC Forces Disclaimer for Professor’s N&O Columns
- UNC Diamond Heels Escape Phoenix With Ninth-Inning Rally
- UNC No. 3 Carolina Women’s Tennis Soaring With Freshman Jamie Loeb
- UNC DBAP Duel Postponed, Tar Heels Host Phoenix Wednesday
- UNC The 2014 Rammys Celebration Fused Athletic Excellence With Old Fashioned Fun
- UNC Carolina Collides With NC State In Duel At The DBAP
- Huddle Up With The Heels Spring Football Game Offers No Resolution To UNC QB Battle
- Huddle Up With The Heels Blue Downs White 38-17 In Annual Spring Football Game
- Huddle Up With The Heels Plenty Of Questions Remain For Coach Fedora Heading Into Spring Game
- UNC Pivotal ACC Series For Tar Heels As Demon Deacons Invade Chapel Hill
- Featured Why I Love The Masters: Springtime, Tradition and Pimento Cheese Sandwiches