High School Football Roundup – Week 8
The Red Wolves are young, inexperienced and playing a brutal schedule which included a home test vs. a strong Northwood squad Friday night.
It didn’t go too well, judging by the 79-28 pasting the Pittsboro squad handed Cedar Ridge just a week after the Chargers were thumped by Orange at home.
This one got ugly quickly, as Ti Pinnix notched a pair of touchdown passes and Montel Goods added a pair of scoring runs, including a 32 yard romp.
Julius Walton had a seven yard touchdown run and Peyton Pappas chipped in with a 52 yard scoring strike to Marquez Hunter for the Red Wolves, but they still trailed 48-21 at the break.
Northwood tapped into its reserves in the second half, but Kenton Edwards’ late touchdown run for the Chargers capped a long night for the Red Wolves.
Goods had the goods indeed, piling up 206 rushing yards and three scores for the victors, who improved to 5-1, 1-1 Big Eight 3-A.
Pinnix passed for 335 yards and three scores, while Jalen Smith hauled in 10 catches for 125 yards and two touchdowns.
In other action, Orange put the squeeze on another foe, rocking Northern Vance 56-0 to improve to 6-0 overall on the season.
Garrett Cloer had touchdown passes to Ky Muller and Patrick Pettiford as the Panthers built an early lead. Pettiford added a rushing score and JD Brooks tacked on a 60 yard punt return for a touchdown as Orange pulled away in the convincing win.
Chapel Hill was no match for Southern Durham in a 59-20 rout. The Tigers had a chance to level their record at 3-3, but instead fell to 2-4 in the loss to the offensive powerhouse.
Bradley Berridge had a pair of touchdown runs for Randleman, which improved to 5-1 overall with a 41-26 win over Carrboro. The Jaguars are in a free-fall, dropping three straight contests.Did you see something wrong in this story, or something missing? Let us know
Leave a Comment
- Development Construction On UMall Luxury Cinema To Begin In April; Open By ’15
- State Republican Senate Primary Tied In NC; Tillis’ Numbers Drop
- Safety All Orange County Power Outages Expected to End Wednesday
- Featured OC Sheriff Searching For Missing 60-Year-Old Man
- Featured CHTC Eyes Town Funding For Affordable Rental Housing Plan
- News Around Town Schools Closings and Power Outages
- State DENR On NC Coal Ash Spill: “Taking A Holistic Look” At Environmental Impacts
- UNC UNC Best Buddies Gears Up For “Spread The Word To End The Word”
- Election OC Register of Deeds Brooks on Gay Marriage Licenses: ‘I Cannot Do That’
- News Phillips Middle School Students Win 1st-Place Award in Lexus Eco Challenge
- UNC Serving Up A Storm: Carolina Tennis, A Force To Be Reckoned With
- Huddle Up With The Heels Sensational Switzer Confident in Second College Football Act
- UNC Carolina Baseball Faces George Mason Tuesday Test
- High School CHHS Girls Welcome Hickory To The Hill For State Basketball Title Game
- Hoop it Up with The Heels Paige, McAdoo, DeShields Get All-ACC Honors While Tar Heel Men, Women Holding Steady in Latest Polls
- UNC Tar Heel Baseball Gains 2-1 ACC Series Win Over Panthers
- High School Hunt Boys’ Basketball Upsets Orange In NCHSAA East Regional Title Game
- High School CHHS Girls’ Basketball Sneaks Into State Final Next Saturday
- Hoop it Up with The Heels Duke Women’s First Defeat Of UNC This Season Comes In ACC Semis
- Hoop it Up with The Heels No. 4 Duke Defends Home Court, Snaps No. 14 Carolina’s 12-Game Streak