High School Football Roundup – Week 8
The Red Wolves are young, inexperienced and playing a brutal schedule which included a home test vs. a strong Northwood squad Friday night.
It didn’t go too well, judging by the 79-28 pasting the Pittsboro squad handed Cedar Ridge just a week after the Chargers were thumped by Orange at home.
This one got ugly quickly, as Ti Pinnix notched a pair of touchdown passes and Montel Goods added a pair of scoring runs, including a 32 yard romp.
Julius Walton had a seven yard touchdown run and Peyton Pappas chipped in with a 52 yard scoring strike to Marquez Hunter for the Red Wolves, but they still trailed 48-21 at the break.
Northwood tapped into its reserves in the second half, but Kenton Edwards’ late touchdown run for the Chargers capped a long night for the Red Wolves.
Goods had the goods indeed, piling up 206 rushing yards and three scores for the victors, who improved to 5-1, 1-1 Big Eight 3-A.
Pinnix passed for 335 yards and three scores, while Jalen Smith hauled in 10 catches for 125 yards and two touchdowns.
In other action, Orange put the squeeze on another foe, rocking Northern Vance 56-0 to improve to 6-0 overall on the season.
Garrett Cloer had touchdown passes to Ky Muller and Patrick Pettiford as the Panthers built an early lead. Pettiford added a rushing score and JD Brooks tacked on a 60 yard punt return for a touchdown as Orange pulled away in the convincing win.
Chapel Hill was no match for Southern Durham in a 59-20 rout. The Tigers had a chance to level their record at 3-3, but instead fell to 2-4 in the loss to the offensive powerhouse.
Bradley Berridge had a pair of touchdown runs for Randleman, which improved to 5-1 overall with a 41-26 win over Carrboro. The Jaguars are in a free-fall, dropping three straight contests.Did you see something wrong in this story, or something missing? Let us know
Leave a Comment
- Featured CHCCS Seeks Boost From BoCC For School Renovations
- Weather Weather To Warm Sunday
- Local Government Smaller Gifted Ed Budget Cuts Still Draw Fire From CHCCS Parents
- State Government NC Gas Prices Continue To Climb For Easter Weekend
- Non-Profit Ronald McDonald House Of CH Gears Up Expansion Project Groundbreaking
- Development Hillsborough Wastewater Treatment Plant $19.8 Million Upgrades To Be Unveiled
- Election Listen To The 2014 Orange County Democratic Party Sheriff Forum
- UNC “Mary Willingham’s Credibility Is Collapsing”
- Election OC Sheriff Candidates Stake Their Claims As Primary Nears
- Local Government CHTC Postpones Vote on Ephesus-Fordham Plan
- Featured DeShields Following Friend To Tennessee?
- ACC Duke’s Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood Declare For NBA Draft
- UNC Coach Mike Fox Says Tar Heels Will ‘Go Strap It On And See What Happens’ Versus No. 1 Cavaliers
- UNC Top UNC Women’s Basketball Freshman To Transfer
- UNC Diamond Heels Escape Phoenix With Ninth-Inning Rally
- UNC No. 3 Carolina Women’s Tennis Soaring With Freshman Jamie Loeb
- UNC DBAP Duel Postponed, Tar Heels Host Phoenix Wednesday
- UNC The 2014 Rammys Celebration Fused Athletic Excellence With Old Fashioned Fun
- UNC Carolina Collides With NC State In Duel At The DBAP
- Huddle Up With The Heels Spring Football Game Offers No Resolution To UNC QB Battle