High School Football Roundup – Week 8
The Red Wolves are young, inexperienced and playing a brutal schedule which included a home test vs. a strong Northwood squad Friday night.
It didn’t go too well, judging by the 79-28 pasting the Pittsboro squad handed Cedar Ridge just a week after the Chargers were thumped by Orange at home.
This one got ugly quickly, as Ti Pinnix notched a pair of touchdown passes and Montel Goods added a pair of scoring runs, including a 32 yard romp.
Julius Walton had a seven yard touchdown run and Peyton Pappas chipped in with a 52 yard scoring strike to Marquez Hunter for the Red Wolves, but they still trailed 48-21 at the break.
Northwood tapped into its reserves in the second half, but Kenton Edwards’ late touchdown run for the Chargers capped a long night for the Red Wolves.
Goods had the goods indeed, piling up 206 rushing yards and three scores for the victors, who improved to 5-1, 1-1 Big Eight 3-A.
Pinnix passed for 335 yards and three scores, while Jalen Smith hauled in 10 catches for 125 yards and two touchdowns.
In other action, Orange put the squeeze on another foe, rocking Northern Vance 56-0 to improve to 6-0 overall on the season.
Garrett Cloer had touchdown passes to Ky Muller and Patrick Pettiford as the Panthers built an early lead. Pettiford added a rushing score and JD Brooks tacked on a 60 yard punt return for a touchdown as Orange pulled away in the convincing win.
Chapel Hill was no match for Southern Durham in a 59-20 rout. The Tigers had a chance to level their record at 3-3, but instead fell to 2-4 in the loss to the offensive powerhouse.
Bradley Berridge had a pair of touchdown runs for Randleman, which improved to 5-1 overall with a 41-26 win over Carrboro. The Jaguars are in a free-fall, dropping three straight contests.Did you see something wrong in this story, or something missing? Let us know
Leave a Comment
- Crime Late-Night Hit And Run Injures Five In CH
- Safety OC EMS Opens Temporary Shelter At Stanford Middle School
- Safety OC Sheriff’s Office Searches For Missing Man
- Weather Closings, Cancellations, and Delays – Updated 3/7 10:00 a.m.
- Local Government CHTC Likely To Delay Vote On Ephesus-Fordham Redevelopment Plan
- Local Government CHCCS Teachers Reject State-Mandated Contract Changes, Ask Board For Support
- Election Alderman Candidate Talal Asad: Carrboro Needs More Parking, Business Growth
- Election Chilton: “I’ll Sign Same-Sex Marriage Licenses”
- Weather Orange County Between Rain and Freezing Rain Thursday PM
- Safety New Chapel Hill Fire Marshal Hired From Pennsylvania
- Hoop it Up with The Heels Sweet Revenge! Tar Heels Scrape By Terps, Meet Duke In ACC Semis
- Featured CHHS Girls, OHS Boys Seek Regional Basketball Titles Saturday
- Hoop it Up with The Heels Carolina-Duke: Round Two at Cameron Indoor
- UNC UNC Women’s Basketball Survives And Advances, Def. WFU, 69-65
- High School CHHS Girls’ Basketball Cruises To Regional Final
- Hoop it Up with The Heels Carolina’s Paige, McAdoo & McDonald Reloading For Duke Finale, Postseson
- Huddle Up With The Heels Spring Ball: Coach Fedora Managing Transition, QB Williams Embracing Leadership Role
- UNC Tar Heel Baseball Opens Up ACC Campaign With Pittsburgh Weekend Series
- UNC Mike Fox Joins Ron Stutts For A Diamond Talk Ahead of Pittsburgh Series
- High School Chapel Hill Tiger Girls Play *Thursday* For Regionals In Fayetteville