Inclement Weather Announcements – Updated 8:30 a.m. 2/15
Saturday, February 15
Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools – All activities cancelled
Friday, February 14
– Alamance Burlington Schools – Closed
– Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools – Closed
– Chatham County Schools – Closed
– Duke University – Classes cancelled Friday; Severe Weather Policy in extended to 5 p.m. Friday
– Durham Public Schools – Closed
– Hillsborough Christian Academy – Closed
– Orange County Schools – Closed
– Orange Charter School – Closed
– St. Thomas More Catholic School – Closed
– UNC-Chapel Hill – Classes cancelled; offices closed
– Wake County Schools – Closed
– Chapel Hill Art Gallery – Artist reception postponed to Feb 21
Chapel Hill Transit
Chapel Hill Transit will operate some routes beginning at 10:00 a.m. Click here to find out the current route schedule.
CHT services will follow their normal routes and schedules as long as the streets are safe for travel. If you must travel, be safe, dress warmly and expect delays. Chapel Hill Transit is not running today, 2-13-14.
Where to Get Service Information:
Conditions can change quickly. Before you leave, get the latest updates on weather related delays and detours:
• Check CHT’s Inclement Weather page at www.townofchapelhill.org/index.aspx?page=696
• Call 919-969-4900 and press “1” for Route and Schedule Information – expect some wait time due to high call volumes
• For EZ Rider Services call 919-969-5544
• Check local TV and radio stations
• Follow us on Facebook —www.facebook.com/chtransit— and Twitter–www.twitter.com/chtransit
CHT’s NextBus system estimates the next arrivals for buses in real time, based on each vehicle’s location and average speed. But when many vehicles are off-route or significantly delayed, it cannot make accurate arrival predictions. NextBus can, however, tell you if your line is delayed, or the location of the next vehicle.
• If there’s no traffic going by your bus stop, walk to a stop on a busy street.
• If your bus stop is in the middle of a hill, walk to the bottom or top where the operator can safely stop.
• Stand back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop. Buses can slide sideways in slippery conditions.
• Keep in mind, your bus may not pull all the way over to the curb to avoid getting stuck.
Grocery and Drug Stores
Stores may close at manager’s discretion. Call business before leaving home.
Harris Teeter (MLK Blvd, Meadowmont, Estes Dr) – Open limited hours, varies by location. Call location before going.
Food Lion – Weaver Dairy Rd, Governors Dr locations Open, Fordham Blvd location Closed
Kerr Drug – Open normal hours
Lowes Foods – Open
Whole Foods – Opened at 11am Thursday
Fresh Market – Opened at 11a-12p Thursday
Rite Aid – Open normal hours (all Chapel Hill locations)
Trader Joes – Closed at 5pm Thursday
Walgreens (1500 E Franklin St) – Open normal hours
Walgreens (108 E Franklin St) – Closed Thursday
Foster’s Market – Will open at 10am on Friday
Glasshalfull – Will reopen Friday at 5pm
Lantern – Will reopen Friday at 5:30pm
Spanky’s – Will reopen sometime on Friday
Tobacco Road Sports Cafe – Will reopen Friday afternoon
Did you see something wrong in this story, or something missing? Let us know