Carrboro Emergency Officials Respond To Gas Leak Monday Night

By Ran Northam Posted December 17, 2013 at 6:24 am

CARRBORO – A gas leak shut down the 300 block of East Main Street in Carrboro Monday night for just less than two hours.

Carrboro Police responded to a reported leak near Cat’s Credle at around 5:15 p.m. A fire truck was seen outside the club by a nearby sales associate at Cameron’s.

The CPD shut down the 300 block of East Main and diverted traffic back in the direction in which it came. At 7:08 p.m., Carrboro Police tweeted that the road was open to traffic again.

Multiple different reports came in initially including a gas leak at the ArtsCenter and another that stated she heard an explosion. No explosion was reported and the location of the gas leak has not officially been announced.

Did you see something wrong in this story, or something missing? Let us know
Comments box goes here.

Leave a Comment