Carrboro Seeks Applicants for ‘Safe Routes to School’ Committee
The Town of Carrboro is seeking applicants for a new Safe Routes to School Implementation Committee.
The committee will be appointed by the Board of Aldermen to meet three times a year.
The mission is to come up with ways to improve conditions for walking and bicycling to school and related events.
The Board is looking for one parent of a student attending an elementary school in Carrboro; as well as a Carrboro resident with a background in ”public health, physical activity promotion, or active transportation.”
The Town is also asking high schools, middle schools and elementary schools to recommend youth members to serve on the committee.
One youth member from each school level will be appointed by Aldermen.
The rest of the committee will be made up of one member each from:
- the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Board of Education;
- one administrator from Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools;
- A member of the Transportation Advisory Board;
- a representative of the NC DOT, and;
- one faculty member, staff member or administrator from Carrboro, McDougle and Morris Grove Elementary Schools. All of those applicants will be recommended by their respective organizations.
To apply, you can visit the Town’s Web page here.
Or, you can contact Cathy Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.Did you see something wrong in this story, or something missing? Let us know