LIVE NOW: WCHL Community Forum — 97.9 FM or Click Here — #WCHLForum

Tuesday Fire Causes Thousands In Damage

By Aaron Keck Posted January 29, 2014 at 2:25 pm

CHAPEL HILL – A structure fire Tuesday evening caused thousands of dollars of damage in a two-story home at 219 Stagecoach Road.

The Chapel Hill Fire Department responded to a call shortly before 8:00 p.m., finding smoke in the crawl space of the house. Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire within six minutes and there were no injuries, but the residents have been displaced from the home and the damage is estimated to be $5,000.

The Fire Marshal says the blaze was accidental, but hasn’t released a cause of origin. Still, fire officials are taking the opportunity to remind people to keep anything flammable at least three feet away from any heating equipment, including furnaces, fireplaces, wood stoves and space heaters.

Did you see something wrong in this story, or something missing? Let us know
Comments box goes here.

Leave a Comment