2014 UNC Health Care Healthiest You
Official Contest Rules
1) No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply. WCHL Healthiest You is sponsored by WCHL and Chapelboro.com; UNC Health Care; UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont.
WCHL reserves the right to add any additional sponsors after the launch of the contest on 1/8/2014. WCHL also reserves the right to make any changes to the rules necessary to the overall benefit of the contest and it’s registrants after 1/8/2014.
2) Eligibility. Contest is offered only to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older. Contest is offered only to North Carolina residents who reside within the counties of Orange, Chatham, Wake, Durham, and Alamance. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. Sponsors will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Contest rules are not followed.
3) How To Enter. The Contest entry period begins at 12:01am (EST) on Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 and ends at 11:59pm (EST) on Sunday, January 19th, 2014. Contest participants will be RANDOMLY SELECTED after registration ends. Participants will be contacted and asked to complete and return documentation required by WCHL and UNC Health Care/UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont to WCHL no later than 11:59pm (EST) on Monday, January 27th, 2014. Only those participants who return all documentation completed by this date can become a “2014 Healthiest You Challenger”. Teams will be assigned by WCHL and no participants are guaranteed to be on any particular team or with any other particular participant.
To enter for a chance to become a WCHL Healthiest You Challenge Participant and for a chance to win, visit http://www.chapelboro.com/healthiestyou/ and fill out the online entry form. The contest will take place for 6 weeks from February 11th – March 26th, 2014.
Participants will be required to attend a pre-assessment AND a post-assessment meeting at the UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont (see below for dates and times):
Pre-Assessments (must attend ONE) –
Monday, February 3rd between 6-8pm OR Sunday, February 9th between 1-4pm
Post-Assessments (must attend ONE) –
Sunday, March 23rd between 1-4pm OR Monday, March 24th between 6-8pm
Participants are also required to attend BOTH the kick-off on Tuesday, February 11th from 6pm to 7:30pm AND the finale on Wednesday, March 26th from 6pm to 7:30pm.
Participants will receive a complimentary 6-week membership to UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont in Chapel Hill and in Cary. Each week, the teams will need to visit the UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont to be weighed by their UNC Wellness Center assigned coach/mentor.
Participants will also receive a Healthiest You BINGO card that you collect stamps for completing certain health and wellness related tasks. By completing these tasks and collecting stamps during the 6-week challenge you can win prizes.
Participants may miss NO MORE THAN THREE weekly weigh-ins. If a participant misses more than three weekly weigh-ins, the participant is ineligible and forfeits their chance to win the overall prize. However, participants may still partake in subsequent team meetings and maintain their 6-week membership at UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont and Cary.
Entries not received by the entry deadline are ineligible. Sponsors will not verify receipt of entries. Entries become property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Incomplete entries are void. All information provided in an entry must be complete and accurate. Sponsors are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries are void. Entries generated by any automated means are void. Electronic and e-mail entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of the entry. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address. By entering, participants agree to comply with all applicable law and these Contest rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors. By entering, participants agree to allow WCHL and/or Sponsors the right to use Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, municipality of residence, recorded voice, biographical material for an unlimited period of time and in any medium which WCHL may deem appropriate (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture data storage) in order to advertise, promote or publicize WCHL and/or the products and services of any of the Sponsors.
4) How to Win and Odds of Winning. Contest entrants must be eligible (see eligibility above). There will be a total of no more than 64 selected participants broken down into eight Challenge teams of up to 8 participants each.
Odds of winning the overall challenge are dependent upon participation and overall weight loss throughout the 6-week period. Weight loss will be based upon overall percentage lost. There will be prizes for the team who lost the most percent weight, and prizes for individual male and female participants.
- 1st and 2nd place in individual gender category will each receive a one-year membership to UNC Wellness Center at Meadowmont valued at $966 each.
- Overall team winners will receive gift cards and prizes valued at over $50 each
To claim prize, winners must be at the Healthiest You Finale on March 26th OR the Winner and winner’s guest, if any, must visit WCHL’s main studio at 88 Vilcom Center Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 no later than June 26th, 2014 and (1) provide valid driver’s licenses, military identifications, or state identification cards, and (2) execute a declaration of eligibility and liability and publicity release. Winner may be required to provide his/her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prizes are non-transferable by Winner and may not be redeemed for cash.
6) Terms and Conditions; Limitation of Liability. Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Contest Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Contest Rules. Any security breach or other attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Contest. Winners and entrants agree, except where prohibited by law, to release and discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Contest Entities, their employees, agents and representatives, officers and directors and their immediate families, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from any and all tax liability that may be imposed or associated with receipt or use of the prizes, and from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, and liability for any damages, expenses, fees, injury or losses (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for, or participating in any Contest-related or prize-related activity. By entering the Contest or by winning, participants grant to the Contest Entities the right to publicize in any media worldwide and in perpetuity the participant’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements, and biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotion purposes without compensation and without opportunity for review, except where prohibited by law. A parent or legal guardian of winners under the age of 18 will also be required to execute a declaration of eligibility and liability and publicity release on behalf of the minor child. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event the selected winner(s) of the prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the prize or in the event the prize is forfeited for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may randomly select an alternate winner from remaining entries. The laws of the State of North Carolina shall govern this Contest, without regard to North Carolina’s choice of law rules. The courts of North Carolina and Orange County shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Contest. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of North Carolina. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes, except as explicitly described above, are responsibility of winner.
7) Disclaimer and Force Majeure. Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, their employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest are not responsible for: (1) problems associated with television transmission, radio transmission, cable transmission, satellite transmission, phone lines, facsimile, or cable lines and/or phone or IP numbers that are beyond their control—this includes, but is not limited to: a busy signal, operator interference, cellular interference, Internet congestion, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt a phone call, facsimile transmission, email transmission, or any other transmission, cable modem service, or other Internet interruptions or malfunctions or for technical or other difficulties that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the transmission of television or radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during the Contest or that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the acquisition, completion, or submission of an entry; failures of or other problems relating to telephone, cellphone or other device or computer hardware, software, the Internet, or similar systems, including but not limited to difficulties relating to contestants’ ISP, DSL, telephone, or cable modem access, “worms,” or viruses; (2) typographical errors in any materials relating to the Contest; (3) lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or delayed entries; (4) cancellations, postponements, or delays; (5) Acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible, or impractical to continue the Contest or to perform under these Rules. In the event of any of the foregoing, Sponsors reserve the right to suspend, terminate, modify, or continue the Contest, in their sole discretion. Contest Entities make no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any prize, and Contest Entities specifically DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
8) Official Rules and List of Winners. To receive a copy of these official Contest Rules, visit http://www.chapelboro.com/healthiestyou/ and click on “Rules” or send an SASE to or visit the WCHL studios at, 88 Vilcom Center Drive, Suite 130, Chapel Hill, 27514. Official rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Contest rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law. For a list of winners’ names, send an SASE by June 26th, 2014, to WCHL, WCHL Healthiest You Contest Winner List, at the address listed above.