Our 3rd Annual Mead Day Celebration – Mead Day is the day set aside by the American Homebrewers Association to make, drink and celebrate everything MEAD! We think it’s a great excuse for a mini-Renaissance Faire!!
Schedule of Events
Noon – Mead Day Begins! Huzzah!!
12:30 – Sword Fighting Demo – Fighting Ring
1:00 – Music with Thunder and Spice – Mead Hall
2:00 – Tour of the Meadery with Mead Maker
2:30 – Sword Fighting Demo – Fighting Ring
3:00 – Music with Thunder and Spice – Mead Hall
3:00 – Tasting of Locally Available Meads – Meadery
4:00 – Tour of the Meadery with Mead Maker
All day – Mead Tasting with our Mead Wenches and Cork Knaves
All day – Meadjito Slushies for adults, Lemonade Slushies for kids
All day – Visit the vendors
:45 past each hour – Mead Club Member Super Secret Tasting – Meadery
- Tasting of a new collaborative braggot with a secret surprise Local Brewery
- Tastings from up and coming Durham meadery Honeygirl Meadery
- Renaissance music
- Sword fighting
- Turkey legs and sides
- Italian ice and slushies
- Mystical creatures by Samhain Faerie Creations
- Honey and bee’s wax products by The Carolina Bee Company
- Chainmail jewelry by Dragonmaille
- Soaps and stained glass by Swanfire Farms
- Creatures and other fun things from The Goblin Bazaar
- Unique jewelry by Earth Traditions
- Wood turning and beautiful products from Shop Dog Turnery
- Beautiful beaded jewelry by My Enchanted Designs
- Mead making demo with American Brewmaster
- Special, super secret Future Mead Tasting for Mead Club Members Only!
Free Event and Family Friendly! So. Much. Fun. Huzzah!